Location: Zelienople, PA (Northern Pittsburgh)
Allen + Shariff is seeking a Mechanical Engineer who will not only be engaged with exciting projects & clients, but also be a senior office leader for the firm. This position is design oriented, but has the potential for management responsibility. The candidate will be looked to as a leader in the field and a mentor to junior staff. With excellent performance, the candidate may be presented with a near future opportunity for growth within the corporate culture of the company. This is a great opportunity for the motivated individual looking to further their career with hard work and solid performance.
The essential functions of the position are as follows:
- Assesses the requirements of a project and breaks a project into tasks. Works independently or with other team members to complete design.
- Writes specifications and ensures coordination of their preparation with other disciplines.
- Independently completes calculations for and develops full design of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, including full equipment selection, for all scales of projects.
- Must be proficient in a variety of HVAC systems, and shall be considered a technical expert and resource to the office.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required. Demonstrates extensive knowledge of applicable building codes.
- Checks progress of work and alerts Project Manager to change of scope or additional services. Coordinates project scheduling with Project Manager.
- Has an extensive understanding of construction process. Reviews shop drawings and answers questions during construction.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within A+S and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Conducts system analysis and comparisons with regard to economical and functional considerations.
- Produces due diligence and feasibility studies in support of client’s requirements on systems of all levels of complexity. May be called upon to provide on-site analysis and design recommendations based on existing conditions and client feedback.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets for a variety of building types and HVAC systems.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
- Maintains neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is not a remote position. In office is standard A+S policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with a mechanical focus.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in HVAC field.
- Some design experience with medical related projects is required.
- Must understand all appropriate codes and LEED requirements. LEED certification preferred, but not required.
- Must have strong working knowledge and experience with the following software: AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Must have demonstrated experience in making decisions, judgement, and effective problem solving.
- Excellent time management skills.
- PE registration required.
Think you have what it takes to join the Allen & Shariff team? Send your resume to email@example.com.
Allen & Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.