Location: Zelienople, PA (Northern Pittsburgh)
Allen + Shariff is seeking a Mechanical Engineer who will not only be engaged with exciting projects & clients, but also be a senior office leader for the firm. This position is design oriented, but has the potential for management responsibility. The candidate will be looked to as a leader in the field and a mentor to junior staff. With excellent performance, the candidate may be presented with a near future opportunity for growth within the corporate culture of the company. This is a great opportunity for the motivated individual looking to further their career with hard work and solid performance.
The essential functions of the position are as follows:
- Assesses the requirements of a project, breaks a project into tasks, and works to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Writes scope of work for mechanical design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyzes operation of existing systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable building codes. Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assigns and reviews work of project design team. Checks progress of work and alerts Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
- Works concurrently on several projects and has time management skills to do so.
- Reviews contractor application for payments. Has a thorough understanding of construction process.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within A+S and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Possesses proficient written and oral communications skills.
- Meets with clients and acts a design resource for them not only during active projects, but for concerns they have with existing facilities.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
- Assists in the education and development of design staff and acts as resource for design questions.
- Maintains neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
- This is not a remote position. In office is standard A+S policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least 10 years of experience.
- Some design experience with medical related projects is required.
- Must understand all appropriate codes and LEED requirements. LEED AP credentials a plus.
- Must have the ability to utilize computer systems effectively to complete design work.
- Proficient with CAD & Revit.
- PE registration preferred.
- Medical design experience a plus.
Think you have what it takes to join the Allen & Shariff team? Send your resume to email@example.com.
Allen & Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.