Location: Columbia, MD
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day tasks associated with the Human Resources function including recruiting, benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, and internal communication. They will work closely with leadership to ensure staffing level requirements are met and will work closely with employees at all levels of the organization to ensure that the staff’s needs are met to include on-boarding, training, performance improvement, benefits (including health benefits, life and disability insurance, and retirement), and that employee relations issues are handled both fairly and in a timely fashion.
The primary functions of the Human Resources Generalist are as follows:
- Oversee/Support Recruiting/ On-boarding/ Termination Processes by placing ads, sourcing and screening candidates and resumes, attending job fairs, maintaining applicant tracking records/system, and onboarding new personnel effectively. Work with leaders to implement progressive discipline plans when needed, to include Performance Improvement Plans. Work with leaders at all stages of the termination process to ensure compliance with laws and minimization of risk.
- Support programs that attract, retain, and grow self-starting talent. They shall be eager to pursue company goals and enhance corporate culture. Identify opportunities for corporate morale- and team-building activities to promote employee satisfaction. Support all initiatives related to creating and maintaining a culture of happiness.
- Oversee the maintenance and administration of employee records in an accurate and timely fashion and ensure the confidentiality of those records. This includes: maintaining personnel and health records in accordance with legal and HIPAA standards; sharing employee records only with those individuals who are permitted access according to legal standards; reviewing employee records annually for accuracy; and filing all employee reviews, salary actions, medical documents, etc. in a timely fashion.
- Provide support to Company employees with HR-related issues as requested with utmost confidentiality. This includes providing timely answers to requests from employees regarding benefits, paid time off, and other issues; responding to employee relations issues in a professional and timely fashion; communicating effectively with insurance brokers and vendors to ensure outstanding service to employees; conducting Open Enrollment meetings; and meeting with employees regarding FMLA and disability needs.
- Establish and maintain Company performance systems and measures. Maintain employee performance evaluation system; ensuring Performance Evaluations are up to date; reviewing and maintaining competencies, job descriptions, and goals and objectives; implementing Performance Improvement Plans as necessary; administering corporate surveys as requested and reporting to leadership on the results.
- Support Company training initiatives. This includes identifying need for new corporate training courses; revising New Employee Orientation content when needed and overseeing its delivery; participating in the design and delivery of corporate training courses; maintaining employee attendance records for training courses.
- Ensure that Continuous Improvement and Corporate Quality standards are upheld. This includes conducting regular reviews of employee handbooks, corporate policies, procedures, and forms, and updating as needed; communicating with staff to gather employee feedback and recommendations
- Assist Accounting Department. As time allows cross train in accounting tasks as a back-up to the accounting staff and to support the accounting staff.
- Knowledge of recruiting practices and strategies. Drive to succeed in helping build a strong cohesive team.
- Human Resources knowledge and acumen including employee benefits, compensation, and policies and procedures.
- Management and coaching skills for staff.
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the organization to identify their needs and outline ways Human Resources can provide the maximum benefit to staff.
- Commitment to the Company’s productivity and profitability.
- Patience, empathy, and positive attitude to support staff and contribute to corporate culture of objectivity and happiness.
Think you have what it takes to join the Allen & Shariff team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allen & Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.