Allen + Shariff is currently seeking an electrical engineer to join our team. The engineer works independently on various projects as assigned by a more senior leader. He/she is responsible for the preparation of contract documents and specifications. This encompasses advanced calculations, systems analysis, quality control of finished projects, and field/construction coordination activities. This position will work on several concurrent projects, both in design and in construction.
The essential functions of the Engineer are as follows:
- Assesses the requirements of a project and breaks a project into tasks. Works independently or with other team members to complete design.
- Writes specifications and ensures coordination of their preparation with other disciplines.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyzes operation of existing systems.
- Independently completes calculations for and develops full design of lighting, power, and fire alarm systems, including full equipment selection, for small to medium commercial projects.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required. Demonstrates knowledge of applicable building codes.
- Checks progress of work and alerts Project Manager to change of scope or additional services. Coordinates project scheduling with Project Manager.
- Has an understanding of construction process. Reviews shop drawings and answers questions during construction.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within A+S and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Conducts system analysis and comparisons with regard to economical and functional considerations.
- Produces due diligence and feasibility studies in support of client’s requirements on systems of limited complexity.
- Possesses proficient written and oral communications skills.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
- Maintains neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is not a remote position. In office is standard A+S policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an electrical focus.
- Must understand all appropriate codes and LEED requirements. LEED certification preferred, but not required.
- Must have strong working knowledge and experience with the following software: AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Must have demonstrated experience in making decisions, judgement, and effective problem solving.
- Excellent time management skills.
- PE certification required to be designated “engineer”. Electrical designers with significant experience will be considered for this position, but will not obtain the title of “engineer.”
Think you have what it takes to join the Allen + Shariff team? Send your resume to email@example.com.
Allen & Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.