The CAD Technician prepares working drawings including elementary design utilizing ASC’s standard CAD/BIM software as directed by a Designer, Engineer, or Project Manager.
The essential functions of the CAD Technician are as follows:
- Follows the office’s cad design standards and can effectively set-up project working files and construction sheets.
- Has the ability to lay out a technically correct, precise tracing or plan.
- Has a working knowledge of elementary design and its application for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and architectural.
- Understands and is able to coordinate with architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing drawings.
- Develops a knowledge of products and their applications as it relates to drafting using CAD/BIM software. Keeps up with latest software updates.
- Possesses knowledge of all office routines including filing systems, printing systems, delivery services, etc.
- Follows the office’s drawing and design standards, construction practices, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is not a remote position. In office is standard ASC policy.
- Technical degree in CAD related field or related equivalent.
- Strong CAD/Revit skills a must.
- Ability to operate a computer and the following software: word processing, spreadsheet, and database software required.
- Attention to detail and the ability to execute on multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful time management skills to work on several projects concurrently.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Think you have what it takes to join the Allen + Shariff team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allen & Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.