The Pittsburgh office is currently seeking a mechanical engineer to join our team in the Pittsburgh (North Shore) office. The engineer works independently on various projects as assigned by a more senior leader. He/she is responsible for the preparation of contract documents and specifications. This encompasses advanced calculations, systems analysis, quality control of finished projects, and field/construction coordination activities. This position will work on several concurrent projects, both in design and in construction.
The essential functions of the Engineer are as follows:
- Assesses the requirements of a project and breaks a project into tasks. Works independently or with other team members to complete design.
- Writes specifications and ensures coordination of their preparation with other disciplines.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyzes operation of existing systems.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required. Demonstrates knowledge of applicable building codes.
- Checks progress of work and alerts Project Manager to change of scope or additional services. Coordinates project scheduling with Project Manager.
- Has a thorough understanding of construction process. Reviews shop drawings and answers questions during construction.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within A+S and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Conducts system analysis and comparisons with regard to economical and functional considerations.
- Possesses proficient written and oral communications skills.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
- Maintains neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
- This is not a remote position. In office is standard A+S policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least 5 years of experience.
- Must understand all appropriate codes and LEED requirements.
- Must have strong working knowledge and experience with the following software: AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Must have demonstrated experience in making decisions, judgement, and effective problem solving.
- Excellent time management skills.
- PE certification preferred.
Think you have what it takes to join the Allen + Shariff team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allen + Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.