Allen + Shariff is seeking a Vice President who would be responsible for the achievement of major key Company objectives, which include:
- Maintaining and enhancing ASE’s reputation for high quality design.
- Achieving ASE’s established profit objectives on all projects.
- Sustaining a continual pipeline of client work and, through effective management, avoiding potential financial and reputation losses associated with client dissatisfaction.
- Continually improving staff performance in terms of technical capability and production efficiency as these relate to employee satisfaction and company profit.
- Maintaining and improving quality control procedures as these relate to design, budget, and schedule objectives.
- This is not a remote position. In office is standard ASE policy.
The essential functions of the Vice President are as follows:
- Participates in the development and evaluation of project goals for the office.
- Ensures project managers and other team members understand the direction and goals of ASE and the office. Ensures that employees comprehend and accept of goals and understand how they can contribute to the achievement of those goals.
- Builds relationships with present and prospective clients.
- Participates in proposal presentations and negotiations.
- Reviews and approves plans, programs, and budgets prepared by project managers, designers, and other employees working on projects.
- Counsels and supports project managers/employees in their execution of the projects.
- Promotes the adequate and proper utilization of the staff by project managers.
- Maintains frequent contacts with clients; debriefs and critiques project performance with team members.
- Ensures project managers prepare accurate job costing reports.
- Periodically evaluates project managers’ performance against the project operating plans, programs and budgets.
- Evaluates performance of project managers and other team members and recommends appropriate actions to the President – Engineering (salary adjustment, bonus, promotion, layoff, training, disciplinary action, etc.).
- Takes a leadership role in preparing proposals.
- Leads presentations to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least 15 years of experience
- Must have an in-depth understanding of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, as well as CAD operations.
- Must understand all appropriate codes and LEED requirements.
- Must have the ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects.
- Must have developed job knowledge, communication, leadership, planning, teamwork, decision‐making, judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- PE certification required.
- Design experience required.
- Mechanical engineering design experience preferred.
- LEED certification preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
Think you have what it takes to join the Allen & Shariff team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allen & Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.