Allen + Shariff is seeking a Senior Plumbing and Fire Protection Designer. The Senior Designer works independently on various projects as assigned by a more senior leader. He/she may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design. The Senior Designer will work on several concurrent projects. The Senior Designer applies his/her skills to produce drawings consistent with client requirements and standards.
- Meets with the project team of engineers and architects to discuss design for plumbing and fire protection scope, schedule, budget, phasing, and site issues.
- Performs site visits to determine a design direction, including making educated decisions on system designs and upgrades.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable building codes. Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Ability to evaluate construction costs and feasibility of construction.
- Extension experience with system layout, calculations, and sizing of piping and equipment for plumbing and fire protection.
- Provides guidance to less senior level designers and supervises their efforts in completing projects on time and within budget.
- Prepares contract documents using latest version of AutoCad and/or Revit software.
- Works with architects, clients, and other engineering disciplines to coordinate systems during design.
- Reviews preliminary and final design with other disciplines for function, clearances, coordination, and final design selection.
- Performs reviews of engineering drawings.
- Conducts plumbing and fire protection construction administration, including shop drawing review, site visits, cost proposal evaluations, and response to questions from the field.
- Reviews contractor application for payments. Has a thorough understanding of construction process.
- Assists in the education and development of design staff and acts as resource for design questions.
- This is not a remote position. In office is standard ASE policy.
- Associates Degree in a related engineering discipline with a sound knowledge of plumbing and fire protection fundamentals.
- 8+ years of related experience
- Strong CAD skills required. REVIT experience preferred.
- Possesses proficient written and oral communications skills, and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/documents for the purpose of coordination and project management.
- Solid knowledge of plumbing and fire protection trades.
- ASPE (American Society of Plumbing Engineers) CPDT, OR CPD, preferred.
- LEED certifications are a plus.
Think you have what it takes to join the Allen & Shariff team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allen & Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.