Allen & Shariff is seeking a Mechanical Engineer. The Engineer works independently on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager or more senior leader. He/she may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design. The Engineer will work on several concurrent projects. The Engineer has gained extensive experience in all areas of mechanical design and is a recognized expert in his/her discipline.
The essential functions of the Engineer are as follows:
- Assesses the requirements of a project, breaks a project into tasks, and works with a Project Manager to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Writes scope of work for mechanical design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyzes operation of existing systems.
- Demonstrates knowledge of applicable building codes. Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assigns and reviews work of project design team. Checks progress of work and alerts Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
- Reviews contractor application for payments. Has a thorough understanding of construction process.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within ASE and externally with clients and other design professionals.
- Possesses proficient written and oral communications skills.
- Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
- Assists in the education and development of design staff and acts as resource for design questions.
- Maintains neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
- This is not a remote position. In office is standard ASE policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least 10 years of experience.
- Must understand all appropriate codes and LEED requirements. LEED AP credentials a plus.
- Must have the ability to utilize computer systems effectively to complete design work.
- CAD & Revit preferred.
- PE registration preferred.
Think you have what it takes to join the Allen & Shariff team? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allen & Shariff is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.